Full-Time / Posted June 1, 2021
Position type: Full-Time; Seasonal; Non-Exempt
Pay: $16.00/hour; $640.00/week
Location: Cleveland, OH
Desired Start Date: September 6th, 2021
Contract End Date: May 27, 2022
Work Schedule: Primarily evenings/weekends Tuesday through Sunday depending on show schedule.
Cleveland Play House (CPH) is seeking a Wardrobe Supervisor to join the production team for the 2021-22 season.
- Create Wardrobe paperwork for each show consisting of at least the Costume Plot, Run Sheet, Preset List, and Post Show Duties
- Coordinate with wardrobe staff and costume shop management on show preset, costume changes, and post show cleanup.
- Work with costume shop management and wardrobe staff on laundry and costume maintenance throughout the run of the show
- Communicate with stage management any notes that need to be relayed in show reports as well as any additional wardrobe needs for actors.
- Coordinate schedule for daily laundry and weekly dry cleaning
- Identify with costume shop management about any wardrobe equipment and supply inventory needs throughout the season
- Coordinate in final setup of dressing rooms prior to the beginning of tech
- Coordinate with the production team on the location of quick change booths and what is needed in quick change booths
- Maintain the integrity of the costume, hair, and makeup design during the run of the show. Communicate effectively with actors if adjustments are requested.
- Uphold the policies and procedures outlined in the Cleveland Play House Handbook.
- Professionally represent Cleveland Play House to outside personnel including visiting artists, and patrons.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Attend and participate in all assigned staff training sessions, department meetings, show-specific trainings and potential committee or affinity groups within the organization
Relevant experience: Costume and wig construction, Wardrobe experience,
Required skills: Knowledge of general clothing and costume construction; Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources and guide the creation of solutions to needs; Experience leading a team while attending to the needs of the show; attention to detail; creative thinking and problem solving; ability to summarize complex ideas; collaboration; time management; Capacity to solve problems and engage in creative thinking about challenges; Ability to brainstorm ideas in a group setting; Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Desired skills: Experience putting wigs on actors and removing wigs from actors heads; knowledge of blocking wigs; experience in ironing and steaming garments, experience in best cleaning practices for clothing of various textures; experience and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; knowledge of costume history, experience and comfort with a variety of different actor needs.
- Health insurance, to which CPH contributes 85% of the employee’s premium
- (Health insurance available for employee’s family at employee cost)
- Life insurance
- 7 vacation days (paid out at end of engagement), 6 paid-time off days, up to 7 company holidays, and 2 discretionary holidays
- Optional enrollment in a 401(k) plan (not matched by CPH)
- Parking available at employee cost
To apply, interested applicants should upload a cover letter, resume, and two references as a single PDF below.
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly by CPH for additional follow-up.
Cleveland Play House is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Cleveland Play House is on a journey to becoming an anti-racist organization that actively promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion.