Full-Time / Posted August 31, 2020
Classification: Full-time, Hourly
Compensation: $10 per hour + benefits
Reports to: Site Coordinator
Supervises: A learning pod of nine children
Work will be completed in person, in safe learning pods that follow the Ohio Department of Health guidelines for child care during Covid-19.
The Teaching Artist for Cleveland Initiative prepares a collective of emerging artists, educators, caregivers and activists to work and engage in a supportive community that practices anti-racist, trauma-informed theatre education practice that is in service to the children of Cleveland.
Cleveland Play House is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. BIPOC individuals encouraged to apply.
- Expand teaching abilities through weekly professional development and daily classroom experiences.
- Investigate anti-racist and trauma-informed education, pedagogies, and philosophies through weekly professional development.
- Explore creative processes and critical thinking.
- Implement strategies for classroom management for a learning pod of 9 children.
Create collaborative theatre-based lessons.
- Build community with artists, teachers and organizations across Cleveland.
- And much more!
REQUIRED SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Current proof of fingerprinting clearance through the Federal and Ohio State Department of Education is required for employment.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to working with educators and children.
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively with diverse people and communities.
All applications should include a resume and a statement that answers the question:
Without using the word "different,’"what is your definition of diversity?
Please submit your application materials before September 7, 2020.