Full-Time / Posted May 1, 2019
Reports to: Director of Administration
Status: Year-Round, Full-Time, Exempt
Cleveland Play House (CPH), America’s first regional theatre, is seeking a Staff Accountant, to assist the Business Office with monthly reporting and closing process, maintaining the general ledger, accounts payable processing, and support for both payroll and human resources functions.
General ledger Maintenance and Closing
- Compiles and analyzes information throughout the month and prepares timely journal entries for an efficient and effective closing process
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts monthly and resolves variances and discrepancies
- Maintains general ledger chart of accounts
- Maintain documentation of processes, policies and procedures
- Provides suggestions for process improvement
- Reviews financial statements and associated reports for accuracy and completeness
- Assists in preparation of required reports, including departmental reports, funder and other reports, as needed
- Prepares required government reports as directed by the Director of Administration and responds to inquiries as necessary
- Assists in weekly accounts payable processing
- Participates in annual budget and financial projections preparation
- Other duties as assigned, including support for payroll and human resources functions
- Assists in the preparation of schedules and documents for independent auditors
- Works with departments to determine and accomplish reporting and other finance and accounting requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3-5 years’ experience, including experience in not-for-profit accounting and reporting
- Is organized and detail oriented
- Able to prioritize and multitask
- Is an analytical thinker
- Can communicate effectively
- Team oriented
Compensation mid-40s. Benefits package include health insurance, paid vacation and personal time.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by 12PM EST on May 31, 2019 to email@example.com or submit online below. Strong applicants will be considered for immediate interviews. No phone calls please.
Cleveland Play House is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.