Full-Time / Posted September 23, 2019
CLASSIFICATION: Year-Round Full-Time, Exempt (grant funded position)
REPORTS TO: Director of Education
SUPERVISES: School-based partners, volunteers, hourly staff
Under the oversight of the Director of Education, the Site-Coordinator will create, strengthen and maintain the bridge between the Wraparound school, parents and community-based providers and surrounding neighborhoods. The Site-Coordinator will facilitate and provide leadership for the collaborative process and development of a continuum of services such as arts enrichment, academic enhancement, health and social services for children, families and community members within the WrapAround school neighborhood. The Site-Coordinator functions as a neutral facilitator in the provision of services from a wide variety of community agencies and Cleveland Play House.
- Promote and Model CPH’s educational pedagogy: Creating a safe, positive and trauma-informed school that is culturally competent and creative.
- Working with the WrapAround school’s leadership team to connect the needs of the students with the appropriate community partners.
- Identifying and creatively solving problems and eliminating barriers toward student success.
- Planning, scheduling and directly daily routines, activities and operations with the school and/or community within and after the school day.
- Developing and enhancing parental involvement in the school.
- Working with data managers ensuring appropriate data is collected while maintaining all requirements under FERPA and HIPAA.
- Participate in CPH’s educational and artistic programs as required.
- Performing other duties as needed.
CORE REQUIRED SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre Education, Drama Therapy, Social Work or related field required. Master’s preferred.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to working with educators and young people.
- Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion principals.
- Understanding of trauma-informed care and practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Teaching experience with diverse age groups in an urban educational settings is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; strong attention to detail.
- Current proof of fingerprinting clearance through the Federal and Ohio State Department of Education is required for employment.
To apply send cover letter, resume and statement of educational philosophy to email@example.com