Full-Time / Posted June 8, 2021
Position type: Full-Time; Seasonal; Non-Exempt
Pay range: CBA under IATSE Local 27 – reach out to Stacey Rieth, Office Manager for IATSE Local 27, for more information.
This position requires an active membership in IATSE Local 27. If not currently a member, membership will be made available upon acceptance of this position after 30 days of work.
Location: Cleveland, OH
Start Date: August 23, 2021
End Date: May 6, 2022
Reports To: Technical Director, Shop Foreman
Work Schedule: Based on 40 hrs a week; work days and call times vary with production schedule
- Construct and assemble all scenic elements for Cleveland Play House Productions
- Work with Shop Foreman on safe and efficient loading of trucks at the Production Center
- Work directly with other Shop Foreman, other Scenic Carpenters, and Over-hire crew to ensure the safe and efficient installation and removal of scenic elements in all CPH venues.
- Uphold the policies and procedures outlined in the Cleveland Play House Handbook.
- Professionally represent Cleveland Play House to outside personnel including visiting artists, and patrons.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Attend and participate in all assigned staff training sessions, department meetings, show-specific trainings and potential committee or affinity groups within the organization.
Relevant experience: Contruction, Wood working, Metal working, Theatrical Scenic work, Theatrical Prop work
Required skills: Knowledge of theatrical construction techniques, Experience with layout and construction skills; working with wood and steel, Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings,
Desired skills: working knowledge of welding techniques, ability to lift 35-50 pounds, flexibility to learn different/new carpentry and rigging techniques, ability to work from ladders and personal lifts.
To apply, interested applicants should upload a cover letter, resume, and two references as a single PDF below.
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly by CPH for additional follow-up.
Cleveland Play House is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Cleveland Play House is on a journey to becoming an anti-racist organization that actively promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion.