Apprenticeships / Posted December 31, 2019
Department: Production – Properties Shop
Supervisors: Properties Master and Director of Production
Description: The Properties Apprentice will assist the professional staff of the prop shop in a hands-on environment of building, altering and acquiring props for a busy mainstage season.
Responsibilities Will Include:
To work with staff members on a range of projects, including:
- Painting, sewing, upholstery, multi-media craft projects, woodworking, welding, furniture building and repair, paper props, and 3D printing.
- Shopping, both locally and online, for materials and props for productions
- Providing support for the rehearsal and tech process, including load-in and strike
- Helping to maintain and organize a very large stock of hand props and furniture.
- Assisting with rentals
- There is potential to serve as Associate Prop Master for our Spring MFA production
The Ideal Candidate Will Be:
- A team player
- Organized and punctual
- Looking to learn new skills and prop-building methods
- Flexible with ever-changing priorities
- Excited to learn in a high paced and multi-tasking environment
The apprentice is required to follow safe shop procedures.
Report hours vary depending on the needs of the production but are usually 8am - 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday with some weekend or evening calls.
Please submit the following as one PDF (save each as a PDF and use pdfmerge.com or similar to merge all PDFs into one file). Please note, we will not view personal websites during the initial screening.
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio of your work and job experience