Full-Time / Posted June 1, 2021
Position type: Full-Time; Year Round
Salary range: $30,000-$35,000
Location: Cleveland, OH
Desired Start Date: August 2, 2021
Work Schedule: Primarily 8:30-5pm M-F with occasional night and weekend as required.
Cleveland Play House (CPH) is seeking a Production Office Assistant to join the production team. This position will be a combination of production organization, office work, and logistics.
- Working with the CPH Business office, and Production Department Heads on budget tracking, processing payments, and reconciliation.
- Coordinate with Production, Artistic, and Company Management on designer schedules, travel, and meetings
- Work with Stage Management and Production Management on creating tech schedules and calendars for distribution
- Take notes during meetings and follow up on action items with staff
- Coordinate with Production Management, Stage Management, and Stage Crew to make sure supplies are in stock for the Production Center and Theatres.
- Work with the Stage Management, Costumes, and Stage Crew to make sure that dressing rooms are fully outfitted prior to tech.
- Keep track of Production Vehicle fleet and schedule any maintenance as needed.
- Work with Production Department staff to identify new potential vendors
- Uphold the policies and procedures outlined in the Cleveland Play House Handbook.
- Professionally represent Cleveland Play House to outside personnel including visiting artists, and patrons.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Attend and participate in all assigned staff training sessions, department meetings, show-specific trainings and potential committee or affinity groups within the organization
Relevant experience: Stage, Company, or Production Management; budget spreadsheets; expense tracking and reconciliation;
Required skills: attention to detail; creative thinking and problem solving; ability to summarize complex ideas; collaboration; time management; Capacity to solve problems and engage in creative thinking about challenges; Ability to brainstorm ideas in a group setting; Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Desired skills: general knowledge of theatre practices;
- Health insurance, to which CPH contributes 85% of the employee’s premium
- (Health insurance available for employee’s family at employee cost)
- Employee life and long-term disability insurance
- 10 vacation days, 9 paid-time off days, 7 company holidays, and 2 discretionary holidays
- Optional enrollment in a 401(k) plan (not matched by CPH)
- Parking available at employee cost
To apply, interested applicants should upload a cover letter, resume, and two references as a single PDF below.
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly by CPH for additional follow-up.
Cleveland Play House is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Cleveland Play House is on a journey to becoming an anti-racist organization that actively promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion.