Full-Time / Posted June 1, 2021
Classification: Full Time, Year Round, Salaried Salary Range: $32,000-$37,000
Location: Cleveland, OH
Start Date: August 23, 2021
Schedule: This position will primarily work Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:30pm with periodic evening/weekend/early morning hours connected to CPH production schedule.
Reports to: Artistic Producer
Cleveland Play House (CPH) is seeking a Producing/Company Management Associate to join the artistic team.
- Support the artistic producer on communication and contracting of all guest artists, including drafting contracts and paperwork, tracking artist communication, managing digital tracking of guest artist paperwork.
- Track department expenses and submit check requests, reimbursements, invoices and other payments for all members of the artistic department.
- Assist in the communication of key guest artist information internally to marketing, development and production departments.
- Maintain CPH artistic programming calendar to include all events occurring in CPH theatres, rehearsal spaces, classrooms, conference spaces and public spaces.
- Support the Director of Artistic Inclusion on local casting sessions.
- Act as the internal point person on the collection, review/editing of the playbill for all CPH productions. (Playbill layout/design completed by outside editor.)
- Support Company Manager in periodic work connected to guest artist needs, including: maintaining guest housing, coordinating travel, creating welcome packets, coordinating shipping, general hospitality for both local and out of town artists.
Desired Experience and Skills include:
- Good communications skills and organizational skills
- Comfort working in collaborative environments
- Attention to detail
- Comfort with interacting with a wide range of staff, guest artists and outside constituents on a daily basis.
- Comfort with adapting to schedule changes and shifting priorities based on guest artist needs.
- Ability to work in Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and Outlook preferred.
- Prior knowledge of LORT agreements with AEA, SDC and USA is helpful, but not required.
- Prior experience working in live theatre or events is helpful, but not required.
This position will primarily work in collaboration with: Company Manager, Artistic Staff, and Production Management
- Health insurance, to which CPH contributes 85% of the employee’s premium
- (Health insurance available for employee’s family at employee cost)
- Employee life and long-term disability insurance
- 10 vacation days, 9 paid-time off days, 7 company holidays, and 2 discretionary holidays
- Optional enrollment in a 401(k) plan (not matched by CPH)
- Parking available at employee cost
To apply, interested applicants should upload a cover letter, resume, and two references as a single PDF below.
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. Those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly by CPH for additional follow-up.
Cleveland Play House is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Cleveland Play House is on a journey to becoming an anti-racist organization that actively promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion.