Full-Time / Posted October 22, 2020
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
CLASSIFICATION: Year-Round, Full-time, Exempt
Cleveland Play House (CPH), America’s first regional theatre, is seeking a Marketing Communications Manager, who is responsible for promotional strategies and tasks including but not limited to direct mail copywriting and production, content and distribution of press and media materials, email campaigns, social media curation, newsletter copywriting and editing, and misc. communications. Provides support to the Director of Marketing, as well as the Audience Services team.
- Create and post content for all CPH social media platforms
- Assist with development, curation, and creation of digital video elements including managing flight schedule and advertising distribution on various social media platforms.
- Monitor social media activity, providing timely response to posts as needed
- Maintain and utilize up-to-date best practices for all platforms
- Devise and manage email marketing campaigns
- Place and track digital advertising campaigns
- Develop fresh story ideas to promote CPH and its programs
- Coordinate press interviews as necessary
- Promote CPH and its programs through public relations initiatives
- Track company-related stories and mentions published in the media
- Work with Director of Marketing to draft media releases, place or update event listings, and develop media kits
- Coordinate and manage direct mail campaigns with Creative Director and Audience Services Manager
- Identify, develop, and manage promotional partner relationships
- Maintain ongoing communications with community partners
- Copyedit, proofread, and revise communications
- Draft correspondences for CPH patrons as directed by Director of Marketing and Audience Services Manager
- Provide communications support for Education, Development, and other departments as directed by Director of Marketing
- Additional relevant duties as assigned
- Must possess excellent writing skills and be proficient in social media management (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, LinkedIn), print and digital communications strategies, and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Teams).
- Ability to communicate in an effective, tactful, and professional manner with internal and external stakeholders, including media and the general public.
- Experience with videography, video editing, storyboarding, and graphic design a plus.
- Experience or working knowledge with Web Analytics, Web Design/Maintenance, SEO/SEM campaigns, Google Analytics and AdWords.
- A valid driver license and access to a car is preferred for media interviews.
- At least 2 years in demonstrated relevant experience (writing, PR/media, communications).
Although this position is located in Cleveland, OH work will begin remotely during COVID-19.
Compensation: $36,000 plus benefits (healthcare, vacation, holidays, etc.)
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, November 6.
Strong applicants will be considered for immediate interviews. No phone calls.
Cleveland Play House is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.