Apprenticeships / Posted December 22, 2017
Supervisors: Education Programs Manager
Description: The InsideCPH Apprentice will assist with the creation and implementation of all lobby engagement experiences, including interviewing guest artists, creating and editing iPad experiences, and engaging with patrons.
- Filming and editing interviews with guest artists, including directors, actors, and designers
- Developing iPad experiences for patrons to engage in while attending shows at Cleveland Play House
- Attending all performances of CPH productions taking place in the Allen and Outcalt theatres, fielding questions, and guiding patrons in their further understanding of CPH and productions within the season
- Scheduling lobby shifts for fellow apprentices
- Assisting in the creation of educational resources and publications, including student and teacher guides
- Assisting with the planning of various Behind the Scenes events
- Assisting as needed in other areas of the Education Department, including student matinees, Educator Evenings, and CPH Theatre Academy events
Typical Hours: During Production: Tues-Sat 2:00 - 9:30 p.m., Sun 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Outside of Production: Mon-Fri 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Have experience in video editing
- Have a passion for working with and getting to know new people
- Excellent customer service
- Be organized
- Be task-oriented
- Be self-motivated
- Have the ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- Have a willingness to work on a fun and productive team
- Be comfortable with problem-solving in a team setting
- Be able to connect with people of all ages and backgrounds
We encourage applicants with undergraduate work focused in theatre or theatre education.