Full-Time / Posted June 1, 2021
Position type: Full-Time; Seasonal; Non-Exempt
Pay range: CBA under IATSE Local 27 – reach out to Stacey Rieth, Office Manager for IATSE Local 27, for more information.
This position requires an active membership in IATSE Local 27. If not currently a member, membership will be made available upon acceptance of this position after 30 days of work.
Location: Cleveland, OH
Start Date: September 6, 2021
End Date: May 6, 2022
Work Schedule: Based on 40 hrs a week; work days and call times vary with production schedule
Cleveland Play House (CPH) is seeking an Electrician (Outcalt Theatre) to join the production team for the 2021-22 season.
- Work as part of the Electrics Crew to prepare all technical aspects of implementing the Light Plot and installing the lighting equipment for all CPH shows, CPH/CWRU MFA shows and special events
- Be the Lead Electrician for all productions and events in the Outcalt Theatre
- Serve as the Light Board Programmer and Operator for all productions, performances, and events in the Outcalt Theatre
- Assist the Lead Electrician in the Allen Theatre with all production needs
- Work with Head Electrician in the maintenance and repair of theatre lighting systems and stage lighting equipment
- Uphold the policies and procedures outlined in the Cleveland Play House Handbook.
- Professionally represent Cleveland Play House to outside personnel including visiting artists, and patrons.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Attend and participate in all assigned staff training sessions, department meetings, show-specific trainings and potential committee or affinity groups within the organization.
Relevant experience: Previous Run Crew Experience; previous experience in theatrical, concert, or event lighting; previous experience in electrical wiring and safety; experience staying alert and focused during long periods of inactivity;
Required skills: Ability to read and interpret Light Plots, Lighting Paperwork, and construction drawings; Working knowledge of stage rigging, basic electricity, and electrical wiring
Desired skills: ability to work from ladders and personnel lifts; familiarity with ETC EOS family control systems; familiarity with MIDI show control and basic console networking; familiarity with DMX controlled fixtures, LED technology, and W-DMX systems;
To apply, interested applicants should upload a cover letter, resume, and two references as a single PDF below.
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly by CPH for additional follow-up.
Cleveland Play House is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Cleveland Play House is on a journey to becoming an anti-racist organization that actively promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion.