Full-Time / Posted June 1, 2021
Classification: Full Time, Seasonal, Salaried Salary Range: $37,000-$42,000
Location: Cleveland, OH
Start Date: September 7, 2021
Contract End: June 30, 2022
Schedule: This position will have a schedule that aligns with the CPH rehearsal/preview performance schedule. Regular evening/weekend work will be required.
Reports to: Artistic Producer
Cleveland Play House (CPH) is seeking a Digital Access Producer to join the artistic team for the 2021-22 Season. This position will be responsible for managing the scheduling, filming, and editing processes of the live productions of the CPH Mainstage Season, CWRU/CPH MFA Fall production, Classroom Matinee Touring Program’s spring production, and content for CPH’s Annual Benefit. This position will also be responsible for coordinating with the Marketing department on the streaming components of these productions and Inside CPH Programs.
- Coordinating with the Artistic Producer on filming schedules for all productions.
- Develop the recording plan and process – including storyboarding and shooting script.
- Act as the conduit between stage director and filming company throughout the prep/rehearsal/preview process.
- Periodically attend rehearsals to gain significant knowledge of show to create filming plan. Attend final dress and preview performances of the production in preparation for filming.
- Schedule and manage any outside entities brought in for the filming process.
- Coordinate all filming and set-ups with Production and Stage Management.
- Manage a timely editing process between film Production Company, artistic and marketing departments.
- Work with CPH Creative Director on CPH branding, credits, & continuity for each production.
- Responsible for modifying the “curtain speech” (CPH pre-show welcome) based on the curtain speech developed for each live production.
- Work closely Marketing/Audience Services to facilitate the streaming process.
- Adhere to all licensing and union rules for digitally capturing all performances.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment. Follow the health and safety guidelines established by the theatre and report any unsafe conditions or practices to your supervisor immediately.
Desired Experience and Skills include:
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Comfort working in collaborative environments
- Attention to detail
- Prior experience in project management on either film, theatre or live events
- Basic film editing skills
- Knowledge of storyboarding
- Prior knowledge of LORT agreements with AEA, SDC and USA is helpful, but not required.
This position will primarily work in collaboration with: Production Management, Stage Management, Artistic, and Marketing departments
- Health insurance, to which CPH contributes 85% of the employee’s premium
- (Health insurance available for employee’s family at employee cost)
- Life insurance
- 7 vacation days (paid out at end of engagement), 6 paid-time off days, up to 7 company holidays, and 2 discretionary holidays
- Optional enrollment in a 401(k) plan (not matched by CPH)
- Parking available at employee cost
To apply, interested applicants should upload a cover letter, resume, and two references as a single PDF below.
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. Those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly by CPH for additional follow-up.
Cleveland Play House is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Cleveland Play House is on a journey to becoming an anti-racist organization that actively promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion.