Apprenticeships / Posted December 22, 2017
Supervisors: Education Associate
Description: The CPH Academy Apprentice will assist with programming and organization of CPH Theatre Academy. The apprentice will serve as a source of communication between academy leaders, students, and parents. They will also help with registration, planning, scheduling, and content creation.
- Serving as the main point of contact for registration and check-in for all classes
- Maintaining CPH Theatre Academy registration website and updating as needed
- Promoting CPH Theatre Academy through direct contact, online resources, and mailings
- The possibility of assisting in the creation of educational resources and publications, including student and teacher guides
- The possibility of creating and delivering preshow conversations for productions within the Case Western Reserve/Cleveland Play House MFA Acting Program
- The possibility of serving as a teaching assistant in one or more CPH Theatre Academy classes
- Assisting, as needed, in other areas of the Education Department, including student matinees, Educator Evenings, and Behind the Scenes events
Typical hours: Mon-Thurs 12:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Sat 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Have a background in theatre education
- Love working with students and teachers
- Be organized
- Be task-oriented
- Be self-motivated
- Have the ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- Have a willingness to work on a fun and productive team
- Be comfortable with problem-solving in a team setting
- Be able to connect with people of all ages and backgrounds
We encourage applicants with undergraduate work focused in theatre or theatre education.