Full-Time / Posted June 1, 2021
Position type: Full-Time; Year Round
Salary Range: $30,000-$35,000
Location: Cleveland, OH
Desired Start Date: August 2, 2021
Work Schedule: Based on 40 hrs a week typically 9 to 5:30 M-F; During Load in and Tech additional night and weekend hours as coordinated with supervisor.
Cleveland Play House (CPH) is seeking an Associate Sound and Projections Supervisor to join the production team. This position will be a combination of projection and audio design implementation and coordination.
- Represent Sound and Projections Department specifically, and the Production Department generally, throughout the production process
- Assist with the installation and removal of sound plots and projection equipment
- Interpret the sound and projection designs from blueprints and paperwork.
- Implementation of Audio and Projection hardware and software
- Assist in the training of Audio and Projection crew
- Maintain sound and video equipment and tools, making sure they are in safe and proper working order.
- Maintain accurate and up to date paper work for each production.
- Keep booth, FX room, and sound storage areas clean and free of debris.
- Assist other CPH departments with in-house sound and video needs as necessary.
- Help to research audio and projection technologies that might be useful for our productions
- Uphold the policies and procedures outlined in the Cleveland Play House Handbook.
- Professionally represent Cleveland Play House to outside personnel including visiting artists, and patrons.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Attend and participate in all assigned staff training sessions, department meetings, show-specific trainings and potential committee or affinity groups within the organization.
Relevant experience: Previous Sound and/or Projection Experience; previous experience in theatrical, concert, or event audio and projections; previous experience in A/V equipment and safety;
Required skills: Familiarity with video and projections hardware and software; experience with Watchout, Qlab, and Isadora playback software; Knowledge of theatrical sound systems and equipment including the setup and use of digital mixing consoles, speakers, microphones (wired and wireless), amplifiers, EQ and processing gear, and media servers; Experience with mixing live sound, working knowledge of the following software: Qlab, Dante AV Networking, Yamaha DME software, CL5 digital mixing consoles, Apple iOS computers and PC Windows computers; Able to assist in the installation of audio and projections equipment. this will include, but is not limited to, lifting speakers over your head (approx. 50 pounds), the use of ladders and personal lifts, and being comfortable with heights; experience with playback of sound effects and music.
Desired skills: familiarity with video recording and editing software; knowledge of basic electronics and proper soldering/wiring practices; knowledge of safe rigging practices; familiarity with Digico Consoles, Aviom Pro64 systems, and Reaper
- Health insurance, to which CPH contributes 85% of the employee’s premium
- (Health insurance available for employee’s family at employee cost)
- Employee life and long-term disability insurance
- 10 vacation days, 9 paid-time off days, 7 company holidays, and 2 discretionary holidays
- Optional enrollment in a 401(k) plan (not matched by CPH)
- Parking available at employee cost
To apply, interested applicants should upload a cover letter, resume, and two references as a single PDF below.
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly by CPH for additional follow-up.
Cleveland Play House is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Cleveland Play House is on a journey to becoming an anti-racist organization that actively promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion.