Group Sales Manager
Cleveland Play House is the nation’s first professional theatre company and a vibrant organization with exciting artistic and operational leadership. Cleveland Play House's organizational model is one where new ideas are welcomed and developed by its intelligent, enthusiastic, and supportive board, company, and staff. The Group Sales Manager will enter and participate in a uniquely collegial and professional environment, where creativity is honored, cooperation can be expected, and work is fun.
Cleveland Play House is seeking a Group Sales Manager to cultivate growth in group sales revenue. Additional responsibilities include strengthening existing, and building new, corporate and community relationships for CPH. Primary roles of this position are to (1) establish and attain annual group ticket sales and revenue goals; (2) develop annual strategic marketing plan for group sales; (3) plan, direct and track all marketing efforts for group sales; (4) manage the CPH experience for all groups each season; (5) continually generate new group sales leads through multiple channels; and (6) represent CPH at functions organized by various community groups, such as local Chambers of Commerce, Greater Cleveland Partnership, Positively Cleveland, and similar. The successful candidate will possess strong sales, organizational, time management and communication skills. Creative problem-solving skills, strong public-speaking skills, and a proven ability to highlight and sell product benefits and features are critical attributes as well. Previous experience with creation and design of marketing support materials, including brochures, ads, flyers and e-communications, is a plus, as is the ability to manage multiple projects under deadline constraints.
• Establish and attain annual group sales and revenue goals
• Develop annual strategic marketing plan for group sales, including matrix to target new leads and track efforts
• Plan, budget, direct and track all marketing efforts for group sales
• Track all stages of the sales process in a sales tracking software program
• Prepare and update all group sales messaging for Web site and collateral materials
• Generate leads through Web promotions, direct mail, speaking opportunities and sales calls
• Manage and update group sales database
• Manage more than 100 groups per season from initial proposal to close-of-sale, seating and collection of payment
• Allocate, print and mail all group tickets upon release from the ticket office
• Research, build and maintain community partnerships for shared marketing opportunities
• Interface with all CPH departments on a daily basis
• Manage the group sales activities of interns and apprentices (when available)
• Balance client expectations and act as a communications liaison for the group client, selected caterers/restaurants and CPH staff
• Organize and communicate event details to operations team through meetings, event summaries and venue layouts
• Build and maintain positive relationships with clients for present and future sales
• Look for outlets to introduce organizations to group sales opportunities at CPH, including corporate trade shows and Chamber of Commerce meetings
• Work with House Manager to ensure support staff is in place for backstage tours for groups
• BFA, B.A. or B.S. required, preferably in marketing, business or communications-related field
• 2+ years of experience in marketing or sales
• Previous experience with sales tracking software and ticketing systems
• Experience in writing and editing sales/marketing materials
• Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of graphic design software packages is a plus
• Reports to: Director of Marketing
• Position Type: Full-Time, Exempt
We offer competitive compensation including vacation and holiday pay and medical insurance. Applicants for employment in the United States must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa. No relocation offered.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Qualified applicants should submit a resume with a compelling cover letter that cites salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, June 9, 2014.
Posted On: May 27th, 2014