Cleveland Play House's Apprenticeship program is a dynamic and engaging program for young professionals and future colleagues in the field. The apprenticeship introduces recently graduated college and post-graduate students in an intensive experience with a top-tier American theatre. Apprentices will work with individual departments and top professionals in the field to gain practical experiences and skills working in a regional theatre. Our central goal is to train future leaders that will transform the field.
We are now accepting applications for our next apprentice class which runs from August 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015. Applications for the Apprenticeship program must be received by March 15, 2014.We offer apprenticeships in the following areas:
- Company Management & Operations
- Digital Media
- Scenic Painting
- Stage Management
- Explore CPH's core values of Artistry, Community, and Life-long Learning.
- Develop skills in leadership, diversity, collaboration, and creativity.
- Learn the inner workings of America's first regional theatre.
- Interact and network with various professionals and artists at Cleveland Play House and theaters in Cleveland.
- Influence and impact individual departments through projects and leadership opportunities.
- Engage in Professional Development Seminars.
- Assist with unique community events
About the Program
Cleveland Play House's Apprenticeship Program provides educational opportunities for motivated young adults as they explore careers in the theatre arts. Our apprentices work in tandem with our staff of professional artists, administrators, and technicians and learn through not only through observation but through direct participation. The apprentices are engaged in seminars, interactive forums and professional developments in which they interact with their peers, CPH staff members, guest artists, and leaders in the field. Our apprentices receive a weekly stipend; public transportation passes or validated parking, and furnished housing. Apprentices also receive complimentary tickets to all Cleveland Play House productions.
About the Application Process
Please read the following information carefully. Incomplete applications will not be considered for review. Applications for the Apprenticeship program must be received by March 15, 2014.
Upon submitting, applicants will be contacted if they have been selected as a preliminary candidate for their desired position. All applicants will receive a response no later March 30 regarding the status of their application. Absolutely no phone calls regarding your materials or the process will be accepted.How to Apply
Applications for the Apprenticeship Program must be submitted as ONE PDF file. The file should not exceed 4MB and should read LASTNAME.FIRSTNAME.pdf (i.e. WILLIAMS.TENNESSEE.pdf) and should be sent to: email@example.com.The file should include the following:
- A one-page Cover Letter, including which position you are applying (you may choose only one)
- A one-page Resume with work experience related to your desired position
- One page which includes 2 references: one professional and one academic
NOTE: Additional materials may be required. Please review descriptions carefully before submitting. Please do not submit letters of recommendation at this time.Eligibility & Requirements
Candidates for our Apprentice Program will have completed undergraduate course-work by June 1, 2014, and will have had some experience in arts administration, artistic, and/or theatre production. Candidates must be willing to relocate to Cleveland, Ohio from August 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015. Housing is provided. Candidates must be willing to commit to full-time work hours, as well as overtime as necessary for the needs of the department.